Discover Traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
Our family opens its doors to guests wishing to discover the traditional balsamic vinegar of Modena. The garden, the vineyard, the villa and the vinegar provide ideal conditions to discover a local tradition through a cultural path very different from a conventional sightseeing tour. Antica Acetaia Villa Bianca is a family run business with a documented history; The production process is totally internal; the company produces exclusively Traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena DOP (Protected Designation of Origin). The Acetaia Villa Bianca is part of the Consortium Manufacturers Antique Acetaie. Do not expect a traditional tour, industrial products or balsamic condiments.
A tailor made visit
The vinegar in Modena is a family matter, tht’s why one of us will tell you about our tradition: Claudio in Italian or Emilio who speaks five languages, or Irene and Aurora who speak both to adults and kids. The visit includes a tour defined starting with a walk in the vineyard and continues in vinegar to discover the tradition and to taste the product in different stages of ripeness. Each visit is different, however, as there are various visitors.
- photography enthusiasts can stop and take pictures in the middle of the vineyard
- lovers of good food can discover recipes Irene, owner and chef of the house
- to those who like history can admire the vinegar furnished with family pieces from the XVIII century, which, in addition to barrels, preserves a collection of objects from the farming tradition from those everyday, to those rare
- children and young people aged 3 to 14 can participate in creative meetings in vinegar and in the garden and discover the vinegar through tastings, games, books and small artifacts
- the fans of the TV series can watch the screening of “Breaking Balsamic” a parody of Breaking Bad turned to the White House and designed by blogger Turner Barr
- lovers of food design may try to stamp your food with a mold designed for Acetaia Villa Bianca by designer Marti Guixè
- those who appreciate illustration can see the original drawings of Steven Guarnaccia in the booklet “5 senses in acetaia”
- all guests at the end of the visit can make a mark in the book of dedications; a book containing thoughts, aphorisms and small drawings. It is a precious object which, through visitors from around the world, preserve memories and emotions (you can find again some on the home page!)
Visits are always welcome, please contact us to arrange your tour! In September and October you’ll enjoy the colours and scents, whereas in April, May and June the mild climate will foster walks into the park and outdoor games for children. Families, groups, couples or single travelers: there is not a minimum number of participants, but instead there is a maximum number (20). The tours are in Italian and foreign languages (English, French, Spanish and German). The visit is for a fee for all visitors and there is a discount on the purchase of the product.
We offer three types of visits:
We offer three types of visits:
- VISIT AFFINATO (45 minutes / 1 hour)
- VISIT EXTRAVECCHIO (1 hour and 30 minutes / 1 hour 45 minutes)
- VISIT FOR CHILDREN (the duration depends on that of the visit of the great)
The cost varies according to the treatment and according to the number of participants. For information or reservations please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at the number +39 059 468571 or fill in the form and we will contact you soon! See you at Antica Acetaia Villa Bianca! In the meantime, we invite you to look at the photos of visits on instagram!
Piotr D. — 5 ★
“I would recommend – great people, a magical place” (via Facebook)
Alessandro R. — 5 ★
“Great great visit! Our guide, Emilio, was very very knowledgeable of the whole process. I’ve learned a lot about Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale di Modena, even though I am from Modena!” (via Facebook)